Why did Datbtrue not allow his site to continue?

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #4938 by admin
This thread is about the controversy surrounding Datbtrue's site - datbtrue.co.uk - why do you think he didn't give the credentials to a mod or two to either allow it to continue, or to have the content from it archived or passed onto another site?

No doubt some people will say it's because of legal issues. Let's hear your thoughts!
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by admin.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4939 by kkc36392
It would be such a shame to see it disappear :(

My speculation is that it is already sold or passed on to another site or someone has bought the rights to the material already??

More
7 years 7 months ago #4940 by admin
There's a thread on Reddit going on about this too: www.reddit.com/r/bodybuilding/comments/5...or_visited_datbtrue/ .

Someone posted a good comment there on why he might have shut it down so suddenly. It could be that he didn't have much faith in all the research he had done, his illness still progressed to the point it's at now. Who knows, he may have thought that his use of the IGF-1 LR3 hastened the illness?

So he could have pulled the plug with the notion that other people don't get misinformed on the benefits of IGF-1, etc.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4941 by admin
Unfortunately I don't believe that anybody was able to archive the site. He closed it down yesterday - one day earlier than originally planned - quite possibly to prevent anybody from doing this.

It's sad that such a vast body of knowledge contributed by Dat - as well as many others - could very well be lost.

Losing not only this knowledge, but the person behind it all, is a terrible blow to all of humanity.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4942 by admin
As of today, www.datbtrue.co.uk has been wiped off the DNS database. It's not coming back, even temporarily.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4943 by Bull Terrier
I think that Datbtrue has done enough for plenty of people to merit a bit of trust and good faith. If he says he's closing for serious health problems i think we should believe him.
As for archiving the site, this is being done by his moderators and they intend to get forum members onto another forum.
I have no reason to doubt good faith of Datbtrue.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds