Bad breath from the tastiest proteins

More
15 years 8 months ago #143 by admin
I carry a tongue cleaner in my pocket, as residue accumulates on my tongue from certain foods, and causes bad breath when the bacteria do their work on it. Eggs and mayonnaise are extreme culprits.

Prior to Muscle Milk, I had been using Dymatize Elite Whey, and this caused me to need my tongue cleaner a little more throughout the day.

However, since the switch to Muscle Milk, the residue on my tongue and the odour when I scrape it off has got much worse, which means my breath must be really bad! This is the one drawback of consuming a delicious protein drink. I assume it's from the saturated fats from the MCTs and various vegetable oils in the "Lean Lipids" blend.

Now I could switch again to Muscle Milk Light, which has 1/2 the amount of saturates, but I don't want to for two reasons:
  • FitnessONE doesn't carry it, and I don't know if I can find another retailer with such a good deal that ships to Canada via a carrier that won't charge me crazy brokerage fees.
  • I like the extra calories in Muscle Milk - I don't need to consume extra carbs in the form of maltodextrin to meet my energy requirements.

Fortunately Ultra Peptide 2.0 has only 1 g of saturated fat, so I don't think that will cause a problem. I'll probably never buy UP 2.0 again, as I got burned on brokerage fees + shipping.

Anybody else notice this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #145 by History in Effect
I never though about this, but interesting point.

More
15 years 8 months ago #147 by Wilki
Ive never had trouble with bad breath from drinking protein shakes. It could be due to your stomach acids. As outrageous as that may sound, bad breath can be contributed to low stomach acid levels. Try taking some digestive enzymes like betain hcl. Not only may that help with bad breath, but it will help you digest your foods better.

More
15 years 8 months ago #149 by veeshmack
i usually dont have proteins leaving a bad taste in my mouth, food like tuna and eggs on the other hand... not pleasant to work with me after lol

More
15 years 8 months ago #152 by runningriot
its funny you said this because i just started taking up 2.0, which i am sure you have seen me raving about in other threads, and it is by far the tastiest protein i have ever had, and is the only to leave me with bad breath. the point you made about fats woudl sure hold true with up 2.0 so its interesting you said that

More
15 years 8 months ago #161 by punksurfer024
i dont think ive ever noticed bad breathe from injesting protein......maybe im just used to it though.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds